How many people drive by your home every day? How many of them are thinking about moving to your neighborhood?
Take these 9 steps to make sure that potential buyers stop and take a second look:
- Landscape. Your front yard must be immaculately landscaped. Trim the grass, preferably on the diagonal. The border between your plantings and the lawn must be neat.
- Sweep. Sweep the sidewalks, pathways, and front porch daily. Remove leaves in the fall and remove ice and snow in the winter daily.
- Garden. Your front yard plantings should be neat and attractive. No weeds. No dead branches. New mulch.
- Paint. Your front door should be clean and bright.
- Hardware. Buy a new mailbox, a new house number, and new hardware for the front door.
- Windows. Wash the windows and ensure that the window treatments are neat and clean.
- Light. Be sure that the light fixtures are in working condition and provide soft lighting to the walkways and stairs without causing a glare.
- Power wash. The front of the house should shine.
- Garbage. Maintain a neat and clean place for your garbage cans, preferably out of view on the side of the house.
Take these 9 steps and soon you’ll have buyers clamoring to see the inside of your house!
Find out what your home is worth:
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.